The Red Label - Vintage Joe Yee Super Plunger Blue Tint, MOP Slabs 7.8 oz - Pre-owned
The Rare Red Joe Yee Label Does Exist!
- Does your collection have this one? Does anyone's?
- Mother of pearl shell slabs!
- Although not noticeable in one of the photos, in another photo a small wave on the label is visible where it did not lay flat.
- NO chips, small internal bubble on back edge.
- This is the only one in stock, the only one we have ever held, the only one that has come up for sale in a while - anywhere!
- From the color of the resin it's we estimate it to be from the early 80's or before
- Free Shipping in US via Fedex! / International Fedex $40 flat rate
Size: 14" Weight: 7.8 oz / 221 gr Condition: Un-fished (thank goodness) Very very light surface scuff, possibly not visible to the naked eye. Internal bubble.
Where did these come from?: This exclusive array of rare, vintage Joe Yee lures is from the private collection of a celebrated, now-retired, fisherman. His decades of sport fishing adventures and notable accolades include landing granders and winning tournaments.
His most reliable, productive and favorite lures were Joe Yees. He ordered them directly from Joe Yee, to his own specifications, or choose from lures that were “in-stock” in Joe’s workshop. Each lure came from the original molds and was carefully examined to make sure it was “right” before he would accept it.
At the time no one knew how collectable early Joe Yee lures would become. However this fisherman treasured them for the significance they held to him and his vast experience running them. As soon as a lure caught a fish and had any little bill rash or battle scar, he would promptly retire it and carefully store it. Then he would add a brand new one to his spread.
Some of his Yees were never run, just collected as one does, perhaps to pass on as family heirlooms, or as a prized art collection, increasing in value.
Big Game Lures Hawaii is very honored to be the trusted consignee to offer these exclusive Joe Yee Lures. We guarantee the authenticity and that they were all bought directly from the lure maker. This is the first batch of two that we currently have in stock. We look forward to offering more from this collection in the future.